The newly re-designed Ai SolventVap 5.3-gallon/20L/0.7 cu ft (evaporating flask capacity) series rotary evaporators come with all PTFE valves for solvent-resistant operations. We also lowered the height of assembled unit, for easy installation and ease of use and storage. Also come with them are vertical glassware and digital temperature/rotation control. Its optimized bath volume allows for rapid heat-up times. The condenser unit has specially designed glass tubes that utilize surface area extremely efficiently. That’s why our SolventVap evaporators consistently deliver reliable and reproducible process results that are usually reserved for more costly systems. Another important aspect of the SolventVap is the safety features, which includes dry-run protection, water bath over-temperature shut-off protection, and fuse protection.
Rotary evaporator features a specially designed motor and worm gear, which provides constant rotation at speeds from 10 to 130 rpm. As the flask containing the solvent is rotated, it continually transfers a thin layer of liquid over the entire inner surface. This gives a very large surface area for evaporation, which is caused by the gentle heating from the water bath. The rotating system is fitted with a special seal that allows the apparatus to be placed under vacuum, effectively reducing the boiling point of the solvents and removing the vapor phase, making the process much more efficient. Each unit is also equipped with an easy-to-use vacuum release and a continuous feed system, which allows solvent to be constantly drawn into the rotating flask without needing to stop the operation.
Digital water bath operates from ambient temperature to 99°C (210°F) with PID temperature control stepping at 0.1°C increments. Heating coils are located directly inside the pan for the most efficient heating possible. A built-in overheat protector will shut down power, should the controller fail.
Standard Glassware Set includes 5.28 gallon (20 liters) round-bottomed evaporating flask, 2.64 gallon (10 liters) round-bottomed receiving flask, and vertical condenser. Rotary evaporators with vertical glass condenser are great for distillation of solvents with higher boiling points.
- UL 61010-1 and CSA C22.2 certified, standard
- Free dual condenser and dual receiving flask, a $3,000 value
- Water bath cover enhances safety by protecting evaporating flask and the material inside; it gives you uniform temperature inside evaporation flask as well as energy saving by reducing heat loss. It also creates a better lab environment by preventing heat and humidity from escaping.
- New condenser insulation protects your glassware and increases cooling efficiency (included with rotovap purchase).
- Free stainless steel 20L evaporating flask carrier with silicone cushions (a $299 value), custom made for Ai 20L SolventVap series rotary evaporators. This carrier can be placed on top of our 20L SolventVap’s water bath for easy loading and unloading. It can also be used as a flask stand.
- New swivel casters can be adjusted for rotovap to stand securely on uneven floor.
- Solvent-resistant PTFE and Viton gaskets, ensuring long time operation.
- Specialized motor with extremely compact, intermeshed worm and worm gear provides precise driving for very quiet, vibration-free operation.
- Downward-condensing vacuum connection design ensures safe vacuum operation.
- Motorized water bath lifting for precise control.
- Easy, straight-forward visual operation with digital speed and temperature display.
- PID temperature controller ensures accurate temperature control is maintained.
- One year warranty on rotary evaporator except for glassware and all sealing gaskets.
Your safety is important to us! Please use caution when operating. Users of glass reaction equipment must take all necessary precautions to avoid contact with rotating parts, particularly entanglement of loose clothing, hair, necklaces, or other jewelry. Under these circumstances, the winding action of the rotating parts can draw the user(s) into the apparatus, resulting in breakage of glassware, burns, and/or chemical exposure. Extra caution must also be taken when operating with air-reactive materials, especially under vacuum. A leak can draw air into the apparatus and cause a violent reaction to occur.
| Electrical requirements
| 220V 50/60Hz single phase, 20A, 4300 watt (rotation motor: 300 watts)
| Glass material
|| High borosilicate glass 3.3
| Evaporating flask
|| Capacity: 5.28 gallon (20 liters or 0.7 cu ft)
Maximum load: Not to exceed 60% of the flask’s capacity
Sealing flange: 4.9″ diameter
Rotation speed: 10 to 130 rpm
Evaporating speed: 1 gallon/hour (water), 2 gallon/hour (alcohol)
| Receiving flask
| 2.64 gallon (10 liters or 0.35 cu ft)
|| Glassware: Main + auxiliary triple-circulating cold traps, vertical
Chilling fluid conneciton: 3/8″ hose barb x 4 (2 on main + 2 on auxiliary)
Main condenser: 9,480 cm2 or 10.2 sq ft
Auxiliary condenser: 3,580 cm2 or 3.9 sq ft
| Working environment
|| 5 to 95°F
| Water bath
|| Temperature range: ambient to 99°C (210°F)
Temperature controller: digital
Dimensions: 17.5″ diameter x 9.8″ depth x 12″ height
Material: stainless steel
Media: distilled water only
Max. water level: not to exceed 1″ from the top rim of the bath
Number of heaters: two
Drain port: one
Exterior liner: rubber
Maximum lifting distance: 7.5 inches
|| Level: < 3 torrs
Sealing: PTFE + Viton gaskets
Connector: 3/8″ hose barb x 1
| Swivel casters
|| Four, built-in with locks
|| Dry-run, over-temp shut-off, built-in circuit breakers
| Shipping weight
|| 238 Lb (evaporator), 130 Lb (glassware)
| Unit/shipping dimensions
|| 49 x 23.5 x 82.5″ / 41 x 24 x 48″ (evaporator), 34 x 29 x 33″ (glassware) (WxDxH)
|| UL, CSA
|| Ai rotary evaporator brochure